Donate to YoungLifeLeaders.org

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Old School Caedmon's

Tonight Nat and I went to a Caedmon's Call concert with Rick and Stephanie Shaffer. It was at a local church and a great venue, but the best part was that Derek Webb was back with the band. They opened with "My Calm, Your Storm," and it brought back some sweet memories of learning to play their songs on guitar in the dorm stairwells at UNC. Derek and Andy Osenga both gave mini solo concerts, but the highlight of our evening was "There's Only One" live.

"there's only one who never fails to beckon the morning light
there's only one who sets loose the gales and ties the trees down tight
when all around my soul gives way he is all my hope and stay
there's only one, only one Holy One"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG, Caedmon's call. I still remember seeing them at Cat's Cradle in Caroboro, NC. It was more than a decade ago.