Donate to YoungLifeLeaders.org

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lifespot

It has been almost two months since I started doing Young Life at Arapahoe High School. Young Life has limited on-campus access at the school, which has made it a little more difficult to meet kids. A few weeks ago I was eating lunch with some guys at the Chipotle by the high school and they took me to a place across the street called "Lifespot." Lifespot is a free place for teenagers to hang out with video games, internet, pool tables, ping pong, etc... and they host concerts on the weekends. It was started and funded by a church in the area to give kids a fun and safe place to hang out after school and during lunch. Yesterday I started volunteering there for the afternoon shift. I loved getting to meet some new kids and I'm excited about the relationships that will form there. Thanks to all of you who pray for and support us as we try to share Christ's love with kids at AHS!

No comments: