Donate to YoungLifeLeaders.org

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Great Dilemma


Well, it looks like the ol’ Hillmobile might soon be entering the Toyota graveyard. She has served me well since my parents so graciously purchased her for me in ‘99 while I was in college. We just celebrated her 13th birthday (she’s a ‘95 Camry) and in dog years that means she is actually 65. She’s been a faithful friend over the years. We’ve seen 32 states together and enjoyed 180,000 of her 220,000 miles. I guess that’s what makes it so tough to let her go. She’s on life support right now, and my dilemma is: do I pay the $400 to get her new brakes, etc… only to have her probably go back to the shop sooner than later, or do I cut my loses and bid farewell. Boys to Men said it best, “It’s so hard to say goodbye.” I do need a car now, I just started doing Young Life again and not having a car would make that tough. The good news is that Natalie just ended her job at Doctor’s Care and is now working on campus in the Admissions department at the seminary… so she won’t need her car nearly as much. Hmmm…the great dilemma.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

If I were you, I would donate it to any charity and get a tax deduction. However, you do need a car. If you stop having one, your quality of life will decline dramatically. Trust me!