Donate to YoungLifeLeaders.org

Friday, March 07, 2008

Thirty surprises


On April 18th I will leave my 20's behind. In celebration of my 30th birthday Natalie surprised me yesterday with the first of what she says will be 30 surprises in the next 40 days. She had us dress up and ride the MARTA downtown. Even though in Denver it is called the "Light Rail," I still refer to it as the MARTA (like in Atlanta). I think its funny that I call it that, but typically no one laughs but me.

After we arrived on the 16th street mall, we started the evening as any good supper should start, with dessert. She took me to a fancy lil gelato place called "Gellazzi" and then to one of our favorite places to eat, "The Cheesecake Factory." We get the same thing every time: CHICKEN MADEIRA with 2 orders of Mashed Potatoes. It really is incredible! Two sauteed chicken breasts topped with fresh asparagus and melted mozzarella cheese, covered with fresh mushroom madeira sauce. And after tax and tip, its only $25! With free bread! It'll make your tongue slap a hole in your cheek.

Following dinner she surprised me with tickets to see STOMP! Thanks to Nate, Su, and Pierce for buying my ticket! It was fun to see the show I've heard so much about and reminded me of my days on the AIO step team in college.

I'm so thankful to have a wife that thinks I'm worth 30 surprises.

No comments: