Donate to YoungLifeLeaders.org

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dounda from down unda

My parentals, Doug and Linda, aka "Dounda," came to visit us in the Mile High City all the way from the dirty south. It was 1-dur-full to get a taste of the south and spend some time with my folks. Although we sadly only had 3/5 days of sunshine, we made the most of the time. Here are some highlights:

Our adventures started in Colorado Springs with a visit to the Dale House and a fun surprise getting to see Brandee Howell.We then made a visit to "The Garden of the Gods."
The long day 1 ended with a trip to the Rockies vs Diamondbacks game and a sweet victory for the Rocks. My dad and I caught the Broncos vs Cowboys game 2 nights later in freezing wet weather.
The next morning was dreary so we brightened the day with a trip to Denver's "Original Pancake House." Nat and I split the biggest omlette we'd ever seen.
Yesterday we made the drive to Winterpark and braved the longest Alpine Slide in CO. We convinced mom to go down and promised her that she wouldn't fall out.
But the one picture they take of you on the ride showed that I didn't heed my own advice of using the brake to slow down, thus resulting in a sweet spill and the ripping of my jacket.
My dad followed suit and also fell out. Here's a pic of our clothing damage.
For our last hoorah together, we went with some friends from Den Sem to see "The Letterman," in concert. My dad was pretty star struck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am teaching a 50 year old woman named Linda Clay how to leave a cmment on your blog:)

Stephanie said...

Drew - I saw your parents this weekend and your dad wanted to make sure I checked out this post! Pretty cool adventures! Please tell him I saw his pose after braving it using no brakes! Hope all is well!
Stephanie (Vineyard) Vaughn