Donate to YoungLifeLeaders.org

Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Heading" in the Wrong Direction

So after we decided to dye my hair for our Chinese costumes (for the Olympic party on the post below) we were a little unsure what the next step was. With permanent black hair the options seemed fairly clear.

Option 1: Go emo and join a screemo band
Option 2: Go bald, and just get a head start on my destined future.
Natalie voted for the rock star option, but my emo clothing options were a little limited, so I chose the later. Sadly, we had a difficult time removing the black hair dye from my scalp, until...

Natalie had the bright idea of using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I'm pretty sure that the warning on the label that warns against contact with skin also includes scrubbing your scalp. I'm pretty sure of that because of the chemical burn I now have all over my head. Let me close with a few special Thank Yous:
To you "Revlon" for the permanent hair dye that truly does dye your scalp
To you "Gillette" for making Mach 3 razor blades that just might be God's greatest gift to man.
And lastly to you "Mr. Clean" for making a "Magic Eraser" that actually doubles as a chemical peel for your scalp. Now I've got to go wash my hair with horse shampoo...I hear it makes it grow back faster.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is about the best story I've read in a while. Just like Natalie to pick a product with a bald guy on it to fix the dyed scalp. Luckily it's hair and will definitely grow back. I just cut 13" of my head yesterday. You can see the pics on my blog. I hope ya'll enjoy the summer

Alice said...

here's my blog: http://alicemarysmith.tumblr.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh Drew. I didn't think I had to forward on the DON'T LET YOUR KIDS RUB MAGIC ERASE SPONGES ON THEMSELVES email. So sorry I didn't. I feel as if I should warn you not to lick your hands after you put on hand sanitizer.

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

It might be two months later but I had to come back and reread this post because of what my hubs did tonight. Out of frustration during the Tennessee-Alabama game, he wrote on his chest in red Sharpie, "I hate SEC officials." When I requested that he somehow remove said Sharpie writing before climbing into our very nice sheets, he (unbeknownst to me) went and scrubbed his chest with, you guess it, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

I am not looking forward to his whimpering all night.